1. Almost one third of respondents (29%) eat paneer once a week, with a cool one in ten of you (10%) making it from scratch every time. The second most popular answer was ‘once a month’ (27%) and 5% of you eat paneer more than once a week (which makes you my kind of people!). A small percentage of you (2%) never eat paneer and more than a third (37%) of respondents admitted that they never make fresh paneer at home. I believe that everything delicious is good in moderation- especially when it’s made from scratch, as long as you don’t get carried away and have a seven day paneer binge (that’s not to say I don’t dream about it).
2. More than three quarters of the people surveyed (81%) were vegetarian (probably because this is a vegetarian blog) but it’s nice to see that KO Rasoi has a following of not just veggies, but meat eaters too. Those who do eat meat were asked if they prefer paneer as a source of protein better than their favourite meat. Interestingly, just over two thirds (65%) of people do! Paneer is a great source of protein (although cheese proteins may not be as complete as animal proteins) it’s great to know the omnivores who visit KO Rasoi enjoy the paneer recipes as much as the vegetarians.
3. Some things that come to mind when you think about paneer are: ‘delicious’, ‘filling’, ‘chilli paneer’, ‘versatile and easy to cook’, and my personal favourites, ‘calories’ and ‘fat’. A huge thanks going out the guilt-trippers among us!
4. Eating out is a great time to treat yourself to a paneer dish. I asked you whether or not your local Indian restaurant has paneer as a choice on their menu. A large proportion (85%) replied ‘yes’, with 50% of those respondents saying that they order paneer every time. I think that 50% of people may have been reading this blog for too long- my bad habits must be rubbing off on you!
5. Below is a graph showing the Top 12 Best Paneer Dishes chosen by you!
Follow me on social media to tell me how you liked this recipe + get extra recipes!