Happy Thursday, readers. You’re probably wondering why on earth I’m posting on a weekday. No, I don’t have a day off to chillax with a steaming cuppa chai. Sob.
200g milk chocolate,
120ml double cream
2-3 tsp framboise liqueur
Raspberries and sugar to decorate
For the shortbread
125g butter, room temperature
180g plain flour
1 tsp lemon zest
2 drops of lemon extract (optional)
65g caster sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top of the shortbreads
1. To make the puddings, heat the cream in a saucepan until just before boiling point. Remove from the heat.
2. Add thechocolate and framboise liqueur to the cream. Stir the mixture very gently until all of the chocolate has melted.
3. Pour into small ramekins (they’re very rich!), top with a few raspberries and allow to cool. After around 20 minutes, place the ramekins in the fridge until 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve.
4. To make the shortbreads, preheat the oven to 150°C.
5. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the lemon zest and essence.
6. Sift in the flour and roughly combine. Using your hands, bring the mixture together to form a dough. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the fridge, roll out on a floured surface to around 3-5mm in thickness. Cover the disc in cling film and return to the fridge for a further 15 minutes.
8. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter (or any other cutter you may want to use), cut out your shortbread shapes. Place on a greased and lined baking sheet and, using a fork, prick holes into your shapes. Cut larger holes in the top if you wish to tie them with a pretty ribbon once cooled.
9. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for around 12-14 minutes.
10. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Tie with ribbon, if using.
Note: Don’t let your shortbreads brown too much (a little golden tinge around the edges is fine). If you find they’re overbrowning, turn your oven down and bake on the bottom rack for a little while longer.
Dust the puddings withsugar immediately before serving.
Follow me on social media to tell me how you liked this recipe + get extra recipes!